The Seattle Human Services Coalition is a multi-racial, multi-cultural group of human service providers and concerned community members committed to helping Seattle-King County residents meet their basic human needs. Our work is organized through thirteen member coalitions each representing an area of service within the community such as hunger intervention, domestic violence prevention, early education, community healthcare and homelessness to name only a few. These groups of diverse individuals collaborate to identify a shared agenda and mobilize communities to act on a vision to help our communities meet their basic human needs.
|What We Do|
We advocate together on issues affecting the residents of Seattle and King County abilities to meet their basic human needs through community organizing.
We Invest in People by helping securing resources that allow our residents to survive and help build healthy communities.
We educate policy-makers and the community relaying your story, giving a face to a statistics and sharing information on current issues within human services.
- Collaboration of community organizers as well as advocacy and capacity building non-profit organizations.
Child Care Director's Association of Greater Seattle
- A network of child care directors working together to promote quality early learning practices.
- Helping bring affordable, quality health care for our communities.
- Youth service providers advocating for the health and safety and enrichment of our young adults.
- Coalition working toward ending domestic violence by facilitating collective action for social change
- Coalition of meal services and programs.
Non-Profit Anti-Racism Coalition
- Coalition of non-profits guiding a movement to eliminate institutional racism.
Seattle Food Committee
- Coalition of food bank providers working to help people in need access supplemental food.
- Coalition that works collaboratively to ensure the safety and survival of people who are homeless.
- Network of organizations that support employment and training opportunities.
- Collection of community senior centers and services that promote the well being of older adults in our communities.
- Provides education and advocacy to prevent and recover from sexual assault and violence.